Saturday, November 6, 2010

Bean Dip and Wall Art

Just look at all those good, healthy ingredients.  Mmmmmmmm.

Tonight, as promised, I made one of my favorite standy-bys which qualifies as vegan -   White Bean Dip with Pita Chips.  I got the recipe from the Food Network's web site, but of course, modified it to my taste.  It's super quick & easy to make.  All you do is throw these things in a food processor & pulse until smooth:

can of white beans (rinsed & drained)
some garlic
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1/3 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup Italian-style parsley

before
after

Tasty Magic

You can buy pita chips to go with it, or, if you're like me and enjoy being the maker of your food, you can bake your own.  Just cut as many pita breads as you want into any size, shape you want, put them into a big bowl & drizzle with olive oil; add salt, pepper and whatever other seasoning you like and mix it all around until the pita breads are good and covered with everything.  Bake at 400 degrees until desired crispness... about 8-12 minutes.


Eat together.


Today, I'm thankful for...

...Wall Art.  After living here for about 4 years, I finally found the perfect wall art to hang above my couch.  Yay!!!  I want to hang them up right now, but I don't want to give the nice old lady next door a heart attack from the noise.  She might be in bed already.  I'll have to wait until tomorrow.  Here's a close-up:

I LOVE it!

2 comments:

  1. It looks yummy! I will try that recipe soon :) Thanks for sharing!
    I love the art too. Glad you found something that suits your room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It tastes a lot like hummus. I hope you like it - let me know what you think if you try it.

    ReplyDelete