Saturday, November 6, 2010

Small Victories

Friday was tough.  My motivation to do anything always seems to be the lowest on Fridays.  I almost rationalized my way out of the lunch walk & didn't do the meditation until about 9:00 last night, and truth be told, I think I slept most of the way through it.  ;)  But I did manage to actually do both, so I'm still at 100% for November.  That makes me happy.



I have to confess something here.  People who know me well know that I'm always setting goals, I always have these grand plans of change, and I usually stick with them for a while, but inevitably, I always seem to quit.  It's one of my biggest flaws & ranks up there in the top three that I dislike about myself.  


I try to cut the negative self-talk, I try to avoid thinking of myself as weak-willed or a quitter, but after repeating this behavior over and over, it's sometimes hard to resist feeling that way.  So, any little victory is enormous to me.  I purposely set my November goals pretty low on the difficulty scale.  I'm hoping that by starting small, I can build a foundation of successfully achieving goals that will help me when I get to the big ones:






Friday, I was thankful for...  


Mini-Goal
Meditate/Visualize

Walk at Lunch

November 1
Done – Bridge/Gilman Route
Done – “Opening the Energy Centers”
November 2
Done – Inside Stairs
Done – “Affirmations”
November 3
Done – Inside Stairs
Done – “Meditation Journey”
November 4
Done – Buildings Tour
Done – “Meditation Journey”
November 5
Done – Bridge/Gilman Route
Done – “Breathing/Meeting with Advisor”
November 6



...acting in my best interest even though I didn't want to.  Plus, it was finally "cool" enough to walk outside again (83 degrees).  


Vegan MoFo'ing for the Weekend
This weekend, in honor of Vegan MoFo, I'm going to make and share two of my favorite vegan recipes:  White Bean Deap with Pita Chips and Orange-Scented Quinoa.  Yum!


4 comments:

  1. I love quinoa. Orange scented sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a goal setter and breaker myself. I understand. I think your approach to the November goals sounds like a good one. I can't wait to see those recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Retta. The only things I can continue are not self improvements, but things like knitting. I don't even go out for walking. So you are doing great, far ahead of me.
    Yeah, looking forward to the recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made the quinoa... will post about it later. It looks yummy! (Unfortunately, I'm not hungry enough right now to taste it.)

    Meri, all your talk about knitting and seeing your beautiful creations makes me want to learn to knit! It's on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete