Sunday, November 7, 2010

Orange-Scented Quinoa & a little Skype on the Side

It's Sunday and as promised, I made Orange-Scented Quinoa in honor of Vegan MoFo.  Dee-lish!
I resisted the very strong temptation to drink this!

This is another recipe that's really easy to throw together and you can modify it in endless ways to suit your taste.  I got it from one of my favorite food magazines, Clean Eating.  The ingredients:
1-3/4 cup vegetable broth
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup orange juice
1 cup quinoa
1/4 cup dried cranberries (soaked in hot water for 5 minutes)
1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1/4 cup chopped parsley

Cook the quinoa in vegetable broth with salt and orange juice.  Then just toss everything together & eat.  Tada!  That's it.  

So easy.

I really need to figure out a better organization system for this mess.

Today, I'm thankful for...

...Skype.  This is a picture of my Uncle Terry, my mom's twin brother (not the cute blonde kid, the old man ;).  I cropped this picture from this one:
I think I'm related to all these people, but I've never met any of them in person.  My mom was from Australia where my dad met her, proceeded to court her, and then whisked her romantically away to live in the far-off land of America.  I've never been to Australia, but I've kept in touch here and there with some of my mom's family over the years .  I bow down to Mark Zuckerberg and his Facebook for making it possible to connect with my Australian family in a way that wasn't possible before.  Tonight, I went a step further and video chatted with my Uncle Terry via Skype for the very first time.  It was pretty incredible.


November Goals Status Update:


Mini-Goal
Meditate/Visualize

Walk at Lunch

November 1
Done – Bridge/Gilman Route
Done – “Opening the Energy Centers”
November 2
Done – Inside Stairs
Done – “Affirmations”
November 3
Done – Inside Stairs
Done – “Meditation Journey”
November 4
Done – Buildings Tour
Done – “Meditation Journey”
November 5
Done – Bridge/Gilman Route
Done – “Breathing/Meeting with Advisor”
November 6
n/a  - Saturday
Done – “Energizing your Mind & Body”
November 7
n/a - Sunday
Done – “Creating Confidence & Motivation”




1 comment:

  1. That recipe looks sooooo good. I can't wait to try this!

    I love that you connected with your uncle using skype and with your family using facebook. Reading that made me so happy :)

    ReplyDelete