Thursday, November 4, 2010

New Campus Tour?

Another 90+ degree day led to another building tour at lunch.  This time I walked up, down, and through two other buildings next to mine; the 5-story Basic Sciences Building and the 4-story Leichtag Building.  This might be an interesting way to get to know my campus better!  Pick a different building every day.  If the weather stays as hot as it is, I will accomplish this ad hoc goal, no sweat (pun intended).

November Goals Update:


Mini-Goal
Meditate/Visualize

Walk at Lunch

November 1
Done – Bridge/Gilman Route
Done – “Opening the Energy Centers”
November 2
Done – Inside Stairs
Done – “Affirmations”
November 3
Done – Inside Stairs
Done – “Meditation Journey”
November 4
Done – Buildings Tour
Done – “Meditation Journey”
November 5




Today I'm thankful for...


...my morning walks to the office.

I park off-campus about 3/4 of a mile away and walk the rest of the way.  Why?  I could lie and say it's purely for the exercise, aren't I so good?  But the truth is, it's because I'm cheap.  On-campus parking permits are around $80 per month.  Per month!!  That's almost $1000 a year!!!  That's insane, I tell you, insane!  I refuse to pay that much when I can park for free just a little further away and get a great morning (and afternoon) walk in the process.  These walks have turned out to be a wonderful way to gear up for the day.  I think about what's on my calendar, what order I'm going to do things, etc.  By the time I get to my office, I'm ready to go!

2 comments:

  1. That's an insane amount of money for parking! You work roughly 20 minutes from where I live. Funny how Vegan MoFo lets people make discoveries like this. [Don't worry- I won't stalk you!]

    I'm glad to see you're excited about walking from place to place instead of viewing it as a chore. That's awesome!

    I also wanted to thank you for coming to our blog and leaving a comment. I don't have any book reco's at the moment. I've just been doing massive amounts of research and cross-referencing online for the 'Being Human' portion of Organarchy. If I come across one, I'll be sure to let you know!

    Happy MoFo'ing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello fellow San Diegan. :) I'll take a look at the "Being Human" part of your site. I find it increasingly amazing how what we eat affects our body, our mind, our mood, our energy, etc. It's something I'd really like to learn more about. Thanks! And Happy MoFo'ing to you, too.

    ReplyDelete