Thursday, October 14, 2010

Does Smelling Count?

On January 14, 2008, the My Year Without Sugar blogger, who is inspiring me every day that I read her blog, wrote about a very brave thing she did at a grocery store.  She went to the donut case, lifted the cover, stood there, and just breathed in all the sugar and grease until she was "saturated" with it.  And then walked away, satisfied.  Wow.  Just wow!  I don't think I'm quite ready to test myself like that.


Although... I did spend a few hours tonight at Twiggs, my favorite bakery and coffeehouse, for my weekly Scrabble night with Jerry, Devin, Stacey, & Danielle.




Jerry, Devin, Stacey, Danielle


Twiggs has an amazing looooong glass case filled with giant cookies and red velvet cupcakes and macaroons and and and....




I typically go for the giant cookies, alternating between peanut butter and molasses.  I missed game night last week, so this was the first time I'd been there since being sugarless.  Yes, I was a bit apprehensive.  But it turned out okay.  Actually, it turned out better than okay.  I wasn't tempted at all.  Partially because the one and only thing that Twiggs sells with no sugar in it was enough to satisfy me.  And that's my Thank You for tonight.




See those cups over to the right (look away from the cookies!).  Those are filled with Cheerios.  Thank You, Twiggs, for selling Cheerios in a cup!  With a little low-fat milk, it was the perfect treat to eat whilst those around me consumed countless confectionary calories (pretty awesome alliteration there, huh?)  ((That was an alliterative way to point that out.  It's the English major in me, can't help it.))  (((And yes, yes, I know that Cheerios aren't exactly completely sugar-free, but cut me a break here!  Do you see what I passed up???)))

(N)SD!

No comments:

Post a Comment