Wednesday, October 13, 2010

On second thought...


What the hell was I thinking?


So... remember way back when... in a little post titled "October is the New January," I described my  laundry list of goals for the month?  At the time, I felt pretty confident that I could do all that.  Well, it turns out I was wrong.  When you've bitten off more than you can chew (no pun intended...hahahahaha), rather than stressing yourself out, labeling yourself a "failure", or pushing yourself so hard that you make your life miserable, you simply have to own up, re-evaluate, and revise.  


It's a learning process, always.  Never failure.


These were my October resolutions:


For Health Month -  
1.)  Read for half an hour at least five days per week.
2.)  Meditate every day.
3.)  Exercise for half an hour at least five days per week.
4.)  Do a 15-minute household chore at least five days per week.
5.)  No added sugar at all, for the month.
30 Days of Yoga with the intention of doing it at least five days per week
Grateful October - posting a pic of something that I'm grateful for every day


That's a lot!  Crazy, right?  I've been doing consistently well with only two of these goals - no added sugar (YAY!!!) and posting Thank You pictures.  And that's puh-lenty good enough for me for the first half of this month.  The Thank You pics are a great balance for the mental/emotional/psychological strain and drain that quitting sugar has turned out to be.   


Exercising consistently is too important right now to set aside for later, so in addition to continuing the sugar-free thing & the Thank You pics, I'll focus on exercise for the second half of the month.  As for the others, I'll be mindful each day of opportunities to do them, but they are no longer "official" goals.  I'm setting them free and will rein them back in November 1st.  Lightening my load so I can fly..........!



Today, I am thankful for my very polite GPS guide because:
  • I'm directionally-challenged. (I get lost in buildings and parking lots.)
  • It lets me know when I'm going the wrong way.
  • I have someone to talk to in the car.  :)
  • Bonus thank you to technology in general - Thanks to hands-free cell phones, when people see me talking to my GPS as I'm driving, they probably assume I'm just talking to someone on my cell and not some crazy person (haha...little do they know).
(N)SD!

4 comments:

  1. I totally forgot until just now as I'm about to start.... another goal was to write every day on the 750Words.com site. This goal has already become an ingrained habit that I don't even have to think about it... which is why I probably forgot about it in the list above. Neat-o.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's definitely a lot for a person to handle while working full time! It's been already challenging for me to write something on my blog every day. It's especially hard to find a good picture.
    It's already been 2 weeks into October, and you have been sugar-free for 15 days! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is easy sometimes to get really excited about the possibilities and not always think through all of the logistics. I do this a lot. I understand where you are coming from on this post completely. I think the sugar-free challenge is huge in itself and I'm so glad you are doing the thankful pics because I love reading them every day. I do they are a great companion to the sugar-free and exercise piece. Again, you really are rocking the sugar free! So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your support, guys! It really means a lot to me. :)

    Meri, I think what you're posting is just great! Who cares if it's not every day. It's quality not quantity, right?

    To both of you - you both take gorgeous pictures and I always love reading what you have to say. I'm really enjoying getting to know both of you through the thoughts you express on your blogs and in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete