Tuesday, October 5, 2010

When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!



I have to be honest.  Today was not a good mental/emotional day.  I was successful in resisting sugar, but my body and psyche were not happy about it.  I feel as though I've fallen into a tiny pit of depression, pulled in by the physiological sugar addiction.  I catch myself thinking, "If I just had a doughnut, I would be in a better mood."  It's not too, too horrible though - it's just making me lethargic and lazy and down.  All I've done tonight is play on my computer; I haven't prepared my lunch for tomorrow, I didn't exercise, I'm going to lose some life points in the Health Month game for not completing a couple of my daily goals, and so on.  I know these days are normal, that there's nothing wrong with me, that perfection isn't possible, so I'm not beating myself up about it.  I'm trying to focus on the fact that despite how I feel, I did not give in to the evil substance that is sugar.  


I know when I get exercise back into my routine consistently, I'll feel better.  Exercise will help with the low moods I'm experiencing during this withdrawal period.  I'm thankful that 30 Days of Yoga starts in a couple of days.  That oughta kickstart some good vibes...get those endorphins going...feel like my old self again!


Here's what I'm especially thankful for today:


Thank You, friendships, old and new.  I am lucky and fortunate to have so many beautiful, intelligent, funny, charming, generous and supportive friends in my life.

(Naturally) Sweet Dreams!

2 comments:

  1. I saw you posted and deleted "I want a cookie!"... hahaha. You survived another day :)

    Isn't that Caryn and myself in that photo collage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you saw that, huh? :) Yes, I was having a whiny moment.

    And yes, that is Caryn and you in the collage! Good eye.

    ReplyDelete