Thursday, October 21, 2010

   G R A T I T U D E   

I just gotta brag on my workplace today.  I absolutely love working at UCSD.  The students bring their energy, idealism, and excitement and you can't help but have it rub off on you a bit.  The best part about working for UCSD, though, is how they take care of their staff.  No, we're not gonna get rich working there, our salaries are actually below market value, but they make up for that in part with their Staff Education and Development programs. 
I attended one this morning, the Administrative Professionals Development Program, where Marye Ann Fox, our Chancellor, was scheduled to provide the welcoming remarks.  Everyone at my table felt immense pride for our Chancellor as we had recently learned that the White House named her as a National Medal of Science recipient.  We all conspired to give her a standing ovation when she took the podium, thinking we'd be the "cool" table to honor her in this way, however, everybody there, over 300 people, had the same idea and she was given a rousing and heartfelt welcome.


Our Esteemed Chancellor this morning

Today, I am grateful to work for UCSD and the Skaggs School of Pharmacy, and to have an intelligent, witty, inspiring, and down-to-earth Chancellor in Marye Ann Fox.



No comments:

Post a Comment