Monday, October 18, 2010

Testing 1, 2, 3

Ooops.  I forgot to post yesterday.  Well, I didn't exactly forget, I just didn't feel like it.  It was one of those days.  I did manage to stay sugar-free, although I came really close to not being able to say that.  My will power and commitment were tested to the nth degree.


Never, ever, ever go to the grocery store hungry!  I know this.  But I do it sometimes anyway.  After a lovely afternoon of a movie (The Social Network...great flick!) and a craft show with a friend, I stopped at Henry's to pick up just a few things - bananas, peanut butter, and milk.  I walked out with $100 worth of groceries.  Never, ever, ever go to the grocery store hungry!  Everything I bought will be used, so it wasn't a total catastrophe, but it almost was.  


Because I was hungry, and walking around all that food, I found myself super tempted to put sugary treats in my cart as I walked by them.  Henry's sells the best cookies.  I managed to get through the bakery section without putting any of them in my cart by telling myself, "Wait until you get in line, they always have those little baskets with individually wrapped cookies you can buy instead of these 12-packs.  You can have one of those, nobody ever has to know.  It'll be okay."  


That helped me get through the urge, and then when I got in line, I was semi-disappointed and semi-relieved that there was no little basket with cookies there.  Thank goodness!  I could have left the line to walk the 20 feet back to the bakery, but knowing how I'd feel about lying on this blog kept me from doing that.  Because there's no way I'm going to write, "I ate sugar".  And I'm a really bad liar.  Crisis averted!  You gotta wanna, even when you don't wanna - that was definitely my motto for yesterday.


Yesterday's Thank You:



Pippin, one of the lovely ladies that I met at the Squam Art Workshop last month, lives here in San Diego!  She had a booth at North Park Craft Mafia's Sunday, Crafty Sunday yesterday and I bought this piece from her.  I absolutely love it!  I'm grateful that a fellow Squam alum lives here and that I am now the very proud owner of this gorgeous piece of artwork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment